Mississippi Aquarium: Sea Camp Adventure

An Amazing Experience At Ocean Springs

I was able to bring my students last May on a Sea Camp Event at J.L. Scott Aquarium. There were so many of them so I decided to divide them in groups so that they can take part in different activities in the camp.

For my students who were between 6-13 yrs old, they were given hands-on activities and live animal encounters. They were able to meet up-close and personal different sea-creatures. Also, they were able to touch and feed some of these animals. The trip also took them to beaches and saltmarsh habitats.

Another batch of my students were between 8-13 were taken to the Deer Island aboard the R/V Sea Explorer. They were also taken to the Ship Island which really was a great island. They were asked to tour around the island and witness some of the aviaries and cages of the animals the aquarium was taking care of.

The last activity that only some of my students were able to participate in was the kayaking. Only the age between 12-13 were allowed with this activity. The participants went through the maritime forest of Bayou Heron and they also explored the Indian middens and salt pannes at Grand Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve in Moss Point.

The Sea Camp was a really good experience for my students. They were able to learn and explore lots of things while enjoying their field trip. As I read their reflection papers, I found out that they had a new and wonderful experience through that educational trip. I was really overwhelmed that I was able to give them a memorable event in their life.

J.L. Scott Aquarium Is A Place For Wonders

I really had a magnificent time in holding that field trip for my students. In spite of the difficulties that I have encountered before we got there, it was all washed off by the smiles that my students had that time.

If you want to experience the same wonderful escapade that we've encountered there, then I highly recommend that you visit J.L. Scott Aquarium in Ocean Springs. It would be a great opportunity to students and even teachers to explore and learn more about our marine environment. But don’t forget to grab some Mississippi aquarium coupons to get some discounts when you visit the place.


If you have questions and concerns, don't hesitate to email me at mississippiaquariums@gmail.com

About Mississippi Aquarium Reviews

I am a grade school teacher who has a passion for sea animals. I always make sure to bring my students on a field trip to the aquarium every year.

Mississippi Aquarium Reviews Recommends

If you want to know more about Mississippi aquariums, feel free to take a look at the following links:

JL Scott Aquarium Official Website

Mississippi Aquarium coupons